Sunday, March 25, 2012

grow up



It wasn't until I turned 33 years of age this past year that I truly started to understand the beauty that age brings about. I was puzzled as to why I still get so excited on my birthday, how I feel better each year and how I look back on prior years and almost giggle at how young I must have been...

And then it flooded my thoughts with a real honest answer:


I focus less on the fact that I have a horrible cold, and more on the fact that I can still breathe on my own, walk on my own and that my heart still pumps blood and I am healthy even when I'm sick.

When i walk into a place, I am more focused on how the space affects me than on what or whom is in it.

When it's really bad it could always be worse

Surrender to what isn't, accept what is, let go of anger shortly after it creeps in

Always try to achieve a delicate balance between being content and never being too content

I am aware that memories are being made as they are happening and not 10 years later. 

All people want to be respected, admired and feel worth something - so help them feel this way.

That the Buddha was right - all creatures, humans, can relate to suffering in some way, and that, without true suffering, you cannot truly rise above 

"All that we are is the result of what we have thought."
~Buddha
(I wonder how old he was when he wrote this :)