Sunday, January 26, 2014

ugly tomatoes






I walked by this bowl of tomatoes in my kitchen yesterday
and thought wow those are smashingly ugly.

I was so drawn to their mismatched obscurity
and thought woah that's awfully bold 
to be in the same bowl together, all of you.

So I took a picture of them and put it through a filter.
What doesn't look good through a filter?

Now look at this beautiful bowl of tomatoes!
(( insert sarcasm here ))

What's behind your filter is MUCH more interesting, 
than the pretty picture
you spent all that time rearranging.

Now, how about a little raw selfie?
#nofilter
#beautiful
#truth
#vulnerability

Perhaps that's what drew me to you at the Green Market this morning,
little vulnerable assortment of intrigue that you are.

Food for thought on a Sunday morning.

~ L ~