Friday, June 15, 2012

be there...





"On behalf of every man, looking out for every girl - you are the God and the weight of her world."
~John Mayer


Thinking of the upcoming "Father's Day" and each year I think of the same thing....

It's not just a day for Fathers.  It's a day to all the men who have made a positive difference in the life of a child or a grandchild - any child, even the ones in adult skin.  There are quite a few men in my life who are not blood related - who choose to be there for me, for my kids.  And the ones who are true blood - well - they choose to be there too.  

I am so lucky to have this yet I am also reminded of the ones who aren't.  I have always believed that parents who do not make their kids feel like the most important people on the planet (fathers specifically) are contributing to one of the most catastrophic man-made epidemics our race will endure.

John Mayer won song of the year for his lyrics to the song "Daughters" and it's no mystery why...

"Fathers - be good to your daughters, daughters will live like you do.  Girls become lovers - who turn into mothers, so mothers be good to your daughters too."

Men, boys - realize the power you have to give someone their wings in life.

It's the most important job you'll ever have.

Thank You, Dad.