Tuesday, August 21, 2012

here goes....


Okay, so this is something I'm very passionate about but have been afraid to post about because it could possibly offend someone....
BUT since it's not like me to hold back, here goes:



This is a new sign at my daughter's school. You'd think this should be a given but unfortunately we are still 'designating' smoke-free spaces that aren't necessarily enclosed private or public buildings.

To be clear - I am BEYOND EXCITED about these new 'rules.'
Having coffee today with a friend, I said this to her:

"I am sick of breathing in people's bad habits."

It's 2012. We're beyond the future that we dreamed of as kids, when smoking was neither bad nor good - just the thing to do. In fact, I look at someone smoking and think to myself, "why is your life so bad that you inhale cancer?" and, at the same time:

~Pollute my air
~Make me explain you to my kids who know smoking kills
~Spend your hard-earned money to support killing yourself 
~Complain when you can't breathe when you run 5 feet
~Take breaks at work 
~Put your loved ones and CHILDREN at risk!

I am livid when I see someone smoking in the same vehicle as their children are in.
You should not be allowed to raise children if you are clearly installing a tobacco humidifier in their carseats.

Don't give me the BS that you tried and can't quit, or that it's none of my business what you do, blah blah blah. 

You don't have the money to get help? Ha! Put a week's worth of black smoke into your ashtray and you'll do just fine.

The FACT is that you look ridiculous when you smoke. You reek of an ashtray and if your significant says it doesn't bother them when they kiss you, they're probably lying.

It's 2012. I'm not sensitive to your cigarette addiction.

Period.