Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Dear Time,

Having a curious desire lately to unhook the grip that time has on me.

I want to consciously peel away it's fingers, one by one - not get so caught up in the past and wonder about what's coming.

Even more - I want to be caught by something - the moment that I am in.

Funny, huh? Let me go but catch me. Push and pull. Come and go.

But ultimately just put me right down in the middle.  The balance between the extremes of time and all the restrictions it holds in me.  

I guess a better way to put it - 

Dear Time,
    You silly thing I can't touch.  You affect me on all levels. You change the appearance of my skin and  the function of my cells. You put a limit on the amount of beats my heart pumps in my life and you make me look down at a little device on my wrist to watch you throughout the day.  You confine me.  And although I mature as you pass, and you heal so much pain and allow me more answers - please, please, release your grip on me a little.  Instead of holding onto me, why don't you try passing through me? I want to know you're there - I respect you so much - but I don't want to stand still with you.
Patiently Yours,

~ L ~