Wednesday, March 27, 2013

there's always a choice

When was the last time you stopped and told yourself, 
"Life is good."
Where were you?
Not the kind of 'good' where everything is great,
but the kind where, even when everything isn't great,
Life is still good.
For me, this happened this morning when I woke up.
I stared at this air vent and that very thought came to me.


I was very aware that it came over me,
and how involuntary the thought was.
Like when you're happy you're just happy.
You just know it.
It was a good thought and I smiled,
but I think I smiled more 
at the fact that "Life is Good" is inside me somewhere - not dependent on what goes on outside.
Life is good through my eyes. 
My soul. 
I made that decision a few years ago and,
despite all that's not exactly right, all that's perceived as unfair,
and all the pain and suffering and evil we are affected by,
I am happy to see that Life is still Good
when I choose for it to be so.