Thursday, March 21, 2013

winner




This quote literally 'ran' through my mind today.
I woke up and didn't want to run let alone put on my running shoes.
It was just one of those days.  

I thought to myself, I don't have to run today.
Who would notice?

This thought pissed me off.
I didn't want my mind to be tired and give my body any ideas..
So out the door I went.....I'll just run the first bridge and then I'll turn around.
But when I got to the bottom of that bridge,
my consciousness got mad at my thoughts.
Go farther.
I don't know what made me listen...maybe it was remembering the quote from above.
You're not tired. You're a machine. You are free. Designed to run. 
This worked after the first bridge, so why not try it at the bottom of the second?
I played this game with myself 
and ended up at the base of the 6th and final bridge in my 5-mile course...

Better, stronger, and winning this internal battle....mind over body, body over mind.

Whichever one is stronger because I've fed it its strength.

And no one else noticed but me.

~ L ~