Thursday, November 20, 2014

lesson from a boy




I have a fast car.

At least, that's what my 6-year-old son thinks.

In reality I drive an SUV not conducive to winning races.
There are always cars in front of us.

But no matter where we are on the road, 
what lane we're in, 
or how many other cars are around us, 

we're always in first place.

I look around and there's two cars ahead of me,
one on either side and some behind.

But clearly, in his mind, its just us.

"Yessss mom we're winning."

Little mind, big thoughts.

I want to be right there with you, buddy.
I'm putting my mind right up next to yours
where you can show me what it's like to 
think yourself to your destination.

You've arrived 
because your state of mind
is wherever you want it to be.

Love from a mom who cherishes these lessons from her son.

~ L ~