Sunday, April 14, 2013

I'd like to thank my rental car

As I drove away in my rental car that would be mine for the next three weeks
I thought to myself what a piece of JUNK!
It smells like old smoke, sounds like it's way out of shape
and of course where are all the bells and whistles on this thing??

I started to like the piece of shit in less than 24 hours.
No back-up camera? Twist your body around 800 times if you have to and get a work out for crying out loud.
No button to close the back hatch? I slammed that damn thing so hard that I believed I got my money's worth out of my new kickboxing class. 
BAM I don't need a button.

And oh what a beautiful thing to actually insert a key in an ignition and twist to start!
I've had key-injection withdrawals since the luxurious technology has robbed me of the ability to do much of anything that requires any effort when operating my vehicle.
Keyless entry, you're a waste of less time.
What else can I operate with this key? I love actually turning my wrist.
To my future vehicle - I want to turn you on.

And since the moon and the stars are all aligned right where they should be,
my son spilled apple juice on my iPhone.

It's dead.

I drove to the grocery store in my piece of shit rental 
with no phone and very little gas in the tank
and felt surprisingly free...

light as a feather
with      lots      of     space     inside
to absorb
the life that I was living right then
andnotclutteredwithfancythings.

~L~