Friday, December 21, 2012

bowl of cherries

If you read my posts, you know I believe that there are no such thing as coincidences.
Like my recent addiction to bing cherries. 



I crave them during the day. I eat all of them in the bowl within 24 hours.

I laugh because of the irony of this. "Life is like a bowl of cherries." I can't help but think about how you eat one.....you bite it away from it's stem, picking it from it's once-upon-a-lifeline.  It's juicy and silky and sweet.  Then you spit out the jagged little pitt. 

So how is this symbolic of life I thought?

Well, first of all, it's a line from a song written in the 1930's, check out these lyrics:


Life is just a bowl of cherries;
Don't make it serious; 
Life's too mysterious.
You work, you save, you worry so,
But you can't take your dough when you go, go, go.
So keep repeating it's the berries; 
The strongest oak must fall.
The sweet things in life
To you were just loaned,
So how can you lose what you've never owned?
Life is just a bowl of cherries,
So live and laugh at it all. 

Ahhhhh.....don't be too serious. Even the strongest must fall. 

These cherries were screaming to me for a very good reason. I've been struggling with worry and fear since late last week and searching desperately to grip onto something. 

So I'll keep grabbing cherries.... ...I'll loan you one........
..........The sweet things in life 
To you were just loaned,
So how can you lose what you've never owned?