Monday, February 27, 2012

she should have never asked

i know myself.  so when I recently had to back out of the half marathon I was planning on doing because of life events, I immediately wanted to do something bigger to kick myself in the ass.  what appropriate timing when i was approached by a friend to train with her for a half iron man.  yup.  it's a 1.2 mile swim, a 56-mile bike and a 13.1 mi run. i left her thinking she was crazy or stupid or both. riiiiight.  how can i do everything i want to do right now and do that too? can i swim? i think so.  i can float. i can ride a beach cruiser.  but i can run. but i've never even done a triathlon! so my thought train went something like this....

holy shit that sounds so intimidating i can't do that - she can do that? where do i practice swimming? i'm gonna get kicked in the face? i can do anything. i can't do that. i'm crazy for even thinking about this. oh my god she's calling me again. she wants me to do this. i don't like to back down. i want to do this. i will fail. i'm irrational. crazy. stop thinking about this so much. just say no. just do it. i'm in awesome shape. i can do it. i might die. who does this?

Me. I think I wanna do it.