Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Tempted to keep the car in drive...



When is the last time you let a song take you away? I can't remember the last time the lyrics of a song didn't take me 'Far Away'... ... I'm looking through the raindrops on my windshield and thinking 'will you find out who you are when it's too late to change?'  

For those small moments I travel out of ordinary and into a bittersweet daydream of absolute transfixion.  I take the same roads home with a different point of view, each time hoping for regrowth.

Don't get 'stuck in colder weather - maybe tomorrow will be better - can I call you then?' 

Through the same window on a different day I think 'I know it won't all go the way it should, but I know the heart of life is good'


 So the next time you catch yourself daydreaming in song, remember this:  stay on the road, but get lost in your own translation...


'Please don't stop this train'...(comment with your own lyrics)